Friday, July 02, 2004

The Don is dead.

In 1976, as the age of 14, I chose the CB handle of "The Wild One". That's how long I've been a fan. The first VHS tape I ever bought was "On the Waterfront". How could you not be a fan of this man? He was Jor-El for crying out loud! I recently reveled in sitting my son down to watch the Godfather movies. (OK, so we watched two out of the three in a row. Haven't gotten him to watch the third yet. Has he heard already how that one is?) With Brando's passing I'll probably get my hands on a copy of "On the Waterfront" to introduce to him.

He's ready for it, too. We were talking about things to do this weekend and he mentioned that he had seen "Spiderman 2". He then said that he'd really like to see "The Terminal". I was verry happy to hear him asking to see something with more than just explosions and special effects. The slow and gentle nudging into something with a little more substance seems to have started to be paying off.

I would like to go see Spidey again, though. I did some checking and I was a little off on my criticisms of the story line. I'm still not 100% sure of my total opinion of the movie so it does deserve another viewing. Johnny did say he liked the first movie better.

Well, I've got to go drop "The Godfather" in for a viewing.

Here's saluting you, Col. Kurtz.

God rest you, Terry Malloy.

No comments: