Saturday, July 10, 2004

Yet another great day in Hunt Valley!!!

If you're not a fan some of the details of what I've done during the day will bore you to tears. The highlight for me, and always the best part of this weekend is spending time with friends. Marc Nobel, who had lived in Florida and moved up here joined us today. He is making plans, finally, to move back to Florida. It is good to have him back in the fold.

Finally hooked up with my old pal, Bill Duffy. He is most pleased with my post surgery success. He even dared me to dance like I used to during Ten Forward, the convention dance party.

Hit a couple of the panels that both Johnny and I were interested in. I didn't want to completely bore him to death. He is enjoying the weekend. With him approaching his 13th birthday, I have given him lots more freedom. There have been times when he's been left to relax in the room by himself and I've even gotten him a key of his own to come and go as necessary without always having DAD around. He is developing so well and fits in with my crazed bunch of friends perfectly. We have some time to ourselves and have had a few father/son moments which make the weekend even better.

Talks are already going around about next year! I love that about this con. I have gotten my Florida crown as hooked on this weekend as I am. I seem to always pick the best friends!

Got a great compliment on this blog from Bill's friend, Tim. He's an avid reader! While that might not sound like much, he's an avid reader who's not family! I do this mostly for those who really know me to keep up and as my way of venting at the end of the day. It's a cool feeling to know someone else can read and appreciate what I spew out here. And, since I know you'll be reading this....Thanks, big guy!

No comments: