Monday, July 26, 2004

My funk at work seems to be over. I'm back to being top producer; whether that will improve my situation at work will remain to be seen. If anything, it is definitely helping the financial situation. To motivate myself I have posted the following list at my desk.

Reasons to Work OT.

Disney Passes
Fix the van's A/C
New TV
Satellite TV service
New PC
PDA
Thanksgiving Trip
Tampa Trip in March
Christmas Money
Recliner

That should keep me going for at least six months.

This morning in the shower I remember another reason why Florida sucks. No real cold water in the shower. My morning shower used to be a hot steamy and soaped up start to the day. The water would feel as warm and soothing at the bed I had just abandoned. Easing me into the day slowly....but not too slowly. In a habit I picked up from showing in junior high gym class, I would end the shower by shutting off the hot water completly and shocking myself into consciousness with a blast of ice cold water.

Apparently, since the ground never freezes down here, the water pipes in Florida never get insulated enough to hold a real chill. The coldest the "cold" water gets is a mild lukewarm. I was reminded of this on the trip to Maryland. Any showers south of the Mason Dixon just ain't the same.

1 comment:

Bismo said...

Ah, there's a much-appreciated description of a soapy, steamy shower with Towaway... thanks, just what I needed! ;-) I know that was a technique made famous in Fleming's Bond novels as well, used by 007 himself...