Sunday, July 18, 2004

Went to see "King Arthur" today. I'd have to have a certified historian tell me that Arthur was actually how he was portrayed in this movie and not the romantically version we've all grown up with. They start off the movie with an official looking explanation that recent archeological discoveries have reshaped the image of Arthur and his knights. Then, I remember I was watching a movie. Not that Kate Beckinsail didn't look good it that leather outfit, but I really doubt most of what was presented. And it's all battles and politics we've seen done much better in "Braveheart" and "Gladiator". Overall, this was a pretty boring movie.

I also went to see "Spider-man 2" while I was there. I enjoyed it a little more this time around. It was a little long and, overall, I'd find it hard to say I like either the first or second any better than the other. The first two Superman flicks are still my favorite comic book hero movies along with the first Michael Keaton "Batman". Alfred Molina is the best part of the movie. The changes he goes through are striking making for a deep and rich villain who can be both hated and sympathetic.

And then there's Kirsten Dunst chained up at the end of the movie!!!!!

1 comment:

Bismo said...

Mmmmmmm.... chains!