Sunday, November 02, 2003

I was so wiped out from the talent show that this is my first chance to post something. Well, I did try last night, but my dinosaur of a PC died halfway through a really good riff. Hopefully I can get back on topic.

I was in so much pain Friday, I took some pain killer so I could sleep comfortably. Friday was a hoot in itself. Not only was I still coming off the high from the talent show, but it was Halloween. I went to work in my black and grey Starfleet uniform and a pair of el cheapo pointed ears. Hey, it was within Liberty dress code!!!

My love of Halloween and the talent show are all a part of the frustrated actor in me. If I could write about everyday things the way I have about Liberty, I probably wouldn't be working there! I was told once, years ago by a friend, that I would make a great character actor. That has haunted me since. In high school I had won a state-wide drama award; aspecial one created just formy performance. I never followd that dream, or my radio career, because I was too rooted to home. Now, I'm living 1300 miles away from what I still consider home and I'm still alive. What a dope I was. I keep watching celebrity interviews as they talk about thier childhoods and how they think of acting and life syaing to myself,"I used to do that" or "yes,that's exactly what I think"!! And I Monday morning quarterback my entire life.

As I've said in my first post, I am tempted to storm Orlando. That may still happen. Winter is big community theatre season here in FL, so I may give that a try as well; time and transportation considerations included. I just feel it's an itch that has to be scratched. I can't keep on just dressing up at work for the rest of my life when I feel I could actually make my work be dressing up!!!

No comments: