Thursday, November 06, 2003

I just weighed in tonight and I have lost another 22 pounds since 10/9. This brings my total lost to 135. I now weigh 377 pounds! I am about halfway to my goal of 230. That is what I weighed at the time of my first marriage in 1988. I felt good then and thought looked good too. If my body decides to go further...BONUS. If I go below 200 pounds I'll kiss Dr. Vaughn on the mouth!

Everyone congratulates me on the wonderland job I'm doing. Hell, I was unconscious at the time of the surgery; the doctor did all the work. I am forced to follow the game plan at this point. If I eat too much, or the wrong thing, I puke. How hard is that to follow? I feel better than I have in years and am more than happy with my decision. I can hardly wait to see Johnny's face when he sees me again. Hopefully, Thanksgiving.

I feel like such a boob today. I have been trying to get together with a "young lady" at work. History so far, I got up the nerve to ask her to "get together sometime for dinner or something" and she said yes. Then our office moved and I didn't get up the nerve to follow up on the original invite. Then, out of the blue, she asks if she had given me her phone number. We exchanged numbers and she said that she goes to a particular club every Monday and we could meet there. Seemed like a nice, low-impact first date. Then she got sick the first Monday and had a "MONDAY" the following week.

As I stated in my last post, I did not want this possible relationship to be a regret. So, all day Wednesday I practiced what I was going to say; suggest an alternative date since our original plan seemed doomed. The words never left my head that day. All day today I kept muttering to myself, calling myself "chicken". I was trying to motivate myself to talk to her. Still nothing. I have Friday to look forward to my surpervisor and friend continually walking by my desk making clucking noises!!!

I am so gun shy of something going wrong and her losing interest that I'm made mute. I feel like I did he first time I ever asked a girl out. That was almost 30 years ago, I should be able to walk up to another human being and confidently tell her how much I want to get to know her and spend time with her because she is intelligent, intriguing and beautiful.

cluck-cluck-cluck

No comments: