Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Tomorrow is "D Day".

That's "D" for DATE!

Yes, we are definitely going to lunch together tomorrow and I have never been more nervous in my entire life! I know I should have nothing to worry about because of all of the positive signals I keep getting. I'm just hoping that things go well and that this can develop into something good.

I lived up to my eccentric side today. As part of a morale booster program Liberty had what was called a "Compliance Carnival". It promoted knowledge of certain business and federal guidelines we have to follow and the reward for that knowledge was the ability to either throw a pie in the face or dunk in a dunking tank a member of management. We had our own portion of this in the pharmacy earlier in the week, but I had saved some chances so I could go to our corporate office and dunk the CEO.

Keith has a great sense of humor and is a wonderful sport. I was the very first in line. My second ball hit the target but did not dislodge the release holding him above the water. I was rejected. But, true to form, I hung around and when they called him to go to the pie throw I ran up and hit the release with my hand. Keith paid me back with a big wet hug.

Well, I spent a half hour trying on different shirt and tie combinations for tomorrow. I've been imagining and rehearsing different conversations in my head. I am sure it will go well. It's just that I have 14 hours of self doubt and nervousness to go through first!

Sure.....I'll sleep good tonight!

Like Al Gore on election night!

No comments: