Sunday, November 09, 2003

I have been challenged by one of my best friends to get my ass in gear with this girl from work. My friend, Cheryl, and I went to the movies last night. (PLEASE go see the "Alien" re-release before it disappears from theaters! DVD is good, but nothing will ever replace seeing something on the big screen!) At dinner we got into a discussion about my lack of initiative. Cheryl and I have always had a remarkable relationship. We butt heads, we debate, we argue, we fight and communicate like no one else in my life. She can cut through the bull and give me the honest and true answer that was staring me in the face in the first place. I hate her for that sometimes....just because she has the talent to be able to do that.

One of those truths is that I have absolutely no reason not to make a move. All of my reasonings, rationalizations and excuses failed to hold water. And Cheryl was absolutely right. The times when I pointed out how ridiculous I knew I was being she looked at me with a look in her eyes where I could see she was holding back the impulse to whack me in the back of the head.

Friday, at work, the "young lady's" 3 year old son came into the office. I jumped out of my seat and tried interacting with him while at the same time trying not to be too much of a barreling freightrain. Any chance to make a better and stronger connection and I'll take it.

I know, know; "make the REAL connection, you idiot!"

Carpe diem, baby!

No comments: