Sunday, June 06, 2004

OK, so last weekend got out of control. I should have maybe posted some missive about being 42.....but Naaaaaaaah! Then I just didn't have the initiative to actually post something during the week. I'd always like to have a "big theme" to write about and not just boring stories about how many times I scratched my ass during the day. Hell, even I wouldn't want to read about that!

Had another great weekend with Johnny. It always seems quieter here when he goes back. Never made it to "The Producers". Just glad they're finally planning making a film version of the musical.

Went to see "Shrek 2". On the way stopped in to see a friend of mine who hasn't seen me in 18 months. Not only was he surprised to see me but loved the weight loss. Couldn't talk him into going to see the movie. Was nice to visit. For whatever reason he suffers from a Floridian malady. Itstoofartodrive-itis. Almost anything outside of the residential zip code becomes a long distance trek to locals. I'm sued to traveling 1 hour for a Trek club meeting without thinking about it and sometimes I can't get people around here to go from one end of the county to the other.

It was nice to be able to get in a car and drive again. This week I'll get the ball rolling on getting the van back on the road. There's a whole back story to the whole car thing which I'll get into once it's all over and done.

No disrespect to Ronald Reagan, but I really got tired of "Reagan TV" today. OK, I know he was president, and I respect that. However, it's all the revisionist history that got tiring. You expect it from those who worked for the man but when news anchors act like the sun has burned out that I quickly lost interest. According to more than one "journalist" Reagan was "probably one of the greatest leaders of the 20th century".

GAG!

Did we forget Iran/Contra? Did we forget "the poor choose to be that way"? Did we forget "ketchup is a vegetable"?

Let me repeat one of those......Did we forget Iran/Contra?

Yes, he did some good.......but "best"? No so much.

OK, he's no George W, I'll give him that!

No comments: