Monday, June 21, 2004

Do I have the stupidest luck or what?

I finally grew back a set of gonads and called "the young lady" after about three months of no contact whatsoever. First I was relieved that I got her voice mail; got the contact with non of the nervousness of "actual communication". Then she called back!

We talked for about 20 minutes and have plans on getting together next week. She is now working at a bar & grill nearby. She sounds happy and things seem to have been going better for her since leaving the job.

I am really hoping things go well when we get together. I am going to continue using my regrown gonads by actually telling her how I feel about her and try to set things to be a little more involved.

I try not to build up hopes but I do get the feeling this could really be something good. My good friend Harry once equated my tendency to fall quickly for women with a guy going over Niagara Falls. "One minute he was there, next minute - whoosh!"

I think he exaggerates.

Well, maybe just a little.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It wouldn't be so bad if you would use a barrel once and a while, but no..you have to go over the falls in a rubber ducky inner tube.

Don't you think it is about time you told the "Young Lady" how you feel?

Harry

Jack said...

There's a country-western song in there somewhere!

Keep watching. Telling her is on my "To Do List"

"Bout damn time, right?!