Sunday, June 20, 2004

Happy Father's Day!

I was the one who had to call Johnny today. I held off till after 8PM. I was hoping he would make the call first. I know, at his age, I sucked at making those kinds of calls, sending cards and buying gifts. I didn't get my mother flowers for Mother's Day until her last one. She was always the one who put cards in front of me for the monthly collection of birthdays and anniversaries. It's a little ironic I'm hoping for better from him.

But I did give in an call him and it was a great phone call.

I do know he's just like I was at his age. I occasional prod him as special events approach and it seems that the ex and her husband do the same my mother did; every thing is arranged for him to take credit for afterwards.

Someday it will all change. I look forward to getting that first unsolicited phone call from him just to shoot the bull.

I got myself a Guinness, a steak and a stogie to celebrate the day. Not too bad a day, really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey......cut your hair!

Pain from NC