Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Am I hypocritical by looking at people who are at or close to my post surgery weight with some of the same looks I used to get?

I see people who are morbidly obese like I was and I feel like crying out at them, "DO SOMETHING!" And I remember all my friends who tried quietly saying things to me and it did no good. I remember my sisters' emotional letter which was probably written through tears. I remember the stern lecture I got from George Takei. I remember the look of concern in my friend Mel's eyes as he told me how concerned he was about my weight gain.

My friend Tracy recently returned my copy of the very first talent show which was six months before my surgery and I can hardly watch it now. I am both amazed at my progress and horrified at how far gone I was. I guess it's all part of the process all bariatric patients go through and I hope I can come to better terms with it.

I do not, however, cry out. I keep it to myself (Well, till now) and console myself with the fact that I was able save myself. I still have about 50 pounds to go. I am going to be working on a possibility of circumventing fighting with my insurance company over getting the nip and tuck paid for sometime next year.

BTW, how do you like the pic?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would look better if the hair was shorter...
maybe even slimmer..maybe?

Get a haircut

Harry

Anonymous said...

The difference in you from the reunion to this picture is astonishing. I'm with Harry, haircut would be good... but then again, then it wouldn't be the Jack I know.

Hi Harry!
Kriss