Sunday, July 31, 2005

The loss of a good friend always hurts. My friend, Gary, is moving to Tennessee this week. Johnny and I went to visit him one last time today before he left.

Gary was one of my first friends when I moved to Florida 11 years ago. We worked together at a print shop and quickly found our common interests in movies and TV. He can be opinioniated, elitist, arrogant and stubborn. He can also be witty, intelligent, caring and funny. He has been one of my best friends. He called my mother for me one time when I was in trouble; not something you can ask just any friend to do.

Yes, it is the 21st century and we will keep in touch. Somehow, it just won't be the same. We could have some of the best debates when we strongly disagreed about something. That's when, I think we had the most fun together.

I have seen some changes in him in the last year or so due to some personal problems and he has become a better person because of them.

Here's to you, Gary. I'll miss you, pal.

No comments: