Sunday, July 24, 2005

It is amazing how, after almost two years, my body still is reacting and recovering from gastric bypass surgery. Thursday I was downing some Spanish peanuts at work. This doesn't sound like much, and usually I have no problem eating nuts of any kind. Apparently, Spanish peanuts are not on that list. I had the most horrendous pains as the little bastards passed out of my stomach. I could barely walk and was sweating bullets. I ended up going home for about an hours as my body recovered.

Or, so I thought.

Later that night, as I was eating a hamburger, the pain returned. I'm hoping the hamburger helped clear out what ever was left of the peanuts. Damn, it hurt like hell. Even worse, it seemed to tap all of my strength. I was exhausted the next morning when it came time to go to work. That quickly turned into calling out sick to work. I slept almost all of Friday and most of yesterday. I started eating scrambled eggs and some baked beans. It seemed soft enough food to move through my sensitive stomach.

I have gained about twenty pounds back over the past year, which really pisses me off. Once the cooler weather comes around I plan on getting back into a regime of walking a lot. That seemed to certainly help the weight loss. The biggest difference, other than the oppressive Florida weather, is having the van. I simply don't walk as much.

Still, I take solace in the fact that I an still down over 200 pounds from when I laid down on that operating table. The next 60 or so pounds will be a little tougher to overcome, but I still know I will eventually.

No comments: