Sunday, May 16, 2004

Yesterday my Starfleet chapter had a fund raising yard sale at which we raised $165. It was a great day hanging out with my friends. Afterwards my friend Cheryl and I went to see "Troy". It was a good movie. What I saw of it was. Every now and then, due to having been up since 5AM and standing in the sun for hours, I faded in and out of consciousness.

It wasn't as bad as I've done in the past, but there are minutes here and there during the movie I might have missed. It's all a little bit of karma. When I was little, my Aunt Lucille would take me to the movies and I would be relentless in giving her a hard time when she'd fall asleep during the movie. It's happened a couple of times when I've taken my son. I'm sure she had something to do with making that happen!

I unloaded a whole bunch of my old fat clothes. There were some interesting reactions from people as they went through them; and they didn't even have to speak English! One Spanish speaking man showed some of them to his wife and said, "Muy grande!" There was another man who spoke a language I couldn't identify who kept letting out surprised yelps with each 6X shirt he found. If only he knew how I felt having to wear them!

No comments: