Wednesday, May 19, 2004

I want to thank those who have opted to post comments on this blog. Nice to know someone is reading this and I'm not wasting my time. OK, not wasting LOTS of my time. Imagine....me! Wasting time! That would never happen!

Well, some of my PC problems have been fixed. Thanks to eBay and the internet I have gotten my laptop back up and running. About a year ago it developed a short in the power cord and, naturally, the battery died out. Since I didn't have pressing need and any available money, I let it just sit in the closet. I just got a new battery and power cord so it's back up to speed and is almost like having a real PC again. Of course, the browser on this is too old to run the gmail site so I'm still not able to check that email address as often as I'd like.....just my luck. When I have more time I'll download a new browser and keep my fingers crossed. I know I should just bite the bullet and get a new dammed PC....but other bills are pressing at the moment.

To answer Bismo's question....YES I will be at Shore Leave. This is one of the touchstones of my fandom life. It is a major fan-run convention held just outside of Baltimore. I have been going for years and now I have gotten my son hooked. I haven't been in two years and I think John will disown me if we don't go.

Shore Leave is a chance to meet up with old friends. Many of the old crowd from New England attend as do many Starfleet friends in the immediate area. I have also converted my Florida friends. We make a grand road trip out of it; doing South of the Border and Washington DC as tourists. I also try to get together with my congressman friend while in town. With all that's been going on at work in the past few months I am very much looking forward to this vacation.

Hey, did this post ramble without any kind of point? Did I expose any deep part of my soul? No? Too bad; I'm sure even Shakespeare had an off day!

No comments: