Sunday, May 23, 2004

Here's one that made me laugh.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4980465/

I may be one the the few Star Wars fans who really didn't mind the Episode I or II all that much. While I agree there were some problems with them, they weren't as bad as some say. These chapters of the SW saga are lacking the spark there was in "the originals" and it may be an impossible task to live to to them, they aren't "bad" movies.

this writer makes some points and he makes them with wit; which is something which makes reading critics enjoyable.

I am anxiously waiting for Episode III. I have the hope that Lucas can pull this one out and make it the exciting and sweeping epic of a story which it should be. We shall see.

I did learn years ago not to listen to the hype surrounding a movie. All the producers, directors and actors are salesmen for the product they have. Right before Star Trek V came out George Takei, privately and straight to my face, told me that it was going to be "the best Trek movie we've ever made". After seeing it I phoned him and told him how much of a liar he had been! He sheepishly backpedal but knew he had been found out.

Looking at it that way...Episode III certainly can't be as much of a lowdown as trek V was.

Well, we hope......

No comments: