Saturday, May 31, 2008

Welcome to Year 46!

I was born on Thursday May 31, 1962 somewhere between 7 and 8 AM.

I looked up my birthday and found some interesting things which also happened on May 31st.

In 1296 BC Rameses II became pharaoh. In 1678 Lady Godiva began her procession. In 1911 the RMS Titanic was launched.

I share birthdays with Walt Whitman, Pope Pius XI, Fred Allen, Norman Vincent Peale, Don Amache, Denholm Elliott, Prince Ranier of Monaco, Clint Eastwood, Johnny Paycheck, Terry Waite, Peter Yarow, Sharon Gless, Joe Namath, Jon Bonham, Tom Berenger, Gregory Harrison, Chris Elliott, Lea Thompson, Colin Farrell and, my favorite, Brooke Sheilds.

The only items I could find for the exact same day were the deaths of two police officers on May 31, 1962. Patrolman H. A. Hight of the NC State Highyway Patrol and Patrolman John Costello of the Omaha Police Department both died in traffic accidents while on duty.

1 comment:

Red said...

Well, some of us age gracefully and some of us just age!