Friday, November 10, 2006

Ahhhhhhh......a day off from work.

Relaxation. Sleeping late. Vegging out with movies.

I'm sure someone was doing that today; however, I was stuck shuttling between doctors' visits.

My day started with the worst of the two, the ear doctor. I swear this guy vacuumed the inside of my skull! It turns out I had....get ready with the jokes......fungus growing inside me ears. A simple version of swimmers' ear when the ear wax gets wet and contaminated causing the infection. He got it all out and my hearing is 100% again; although I am having problems remembering 1989. He also coated the inside of me ears with a medication which should keep it from recurring. He was so confident that he scheduled a follow up for a year from now.

I then had to play medical courier and fetch my own x-rays for the podiatrist. He ended up doing his own x-rays and it turns out....TAA-DAAA....fallen arches! No surgery; just better footwear and continued weight loss. I will be going in for cortisone shots until the inflammation goes down, but it went much better than I thought it was going to.

So, to all those who jumped to conclusions about my health....BITE ME!

As I was sitting in these waiting rooms I got to ponder "The Other Person" some more. And it, again, comes down to regrets. I know I have told the story at the beginning of my blogging but it bears repeating.

When my father died I was 900 miles away and didn't get a goodbye with him. I cannot ever remember telling my father that I loved him. When my Uncle Eddy, who was the second closest male in my life after my father, died I didn't get a goodbye nor can I never remember telling him I loved him.

Since then I have taken every opportunity I can to let those in my life know what they mean to me. I never want to have that kind of regret ever again. Whether it's telling someone I appreciate a favor they have done, a kindness they have shown, always saying "I Love You" to my son when we hang up the phone or telling someone I find them attractive; there is no difference. I would rather take the chance of making someone feel awkward with my being so open than having missed the opportunity in sharing that part of myself with another human being.

Again, Monday should be interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fungus in the ear? Kind of like a mushroom..and we all know what they grow in.

Love ya,

Your North Carolina Friend (like you wouldn't know) I am so proud, I am the first one!