Wednesday, October 04, 2006

OK, OK, damnit!

I just received an email from a friend of mine which sort of slapped me with a little reality.

"I hope that whatever is eating away at you...for something surely is, will rectify itself shortly. You have not been yourself lately, and if it shows to me, someone who is just a bit more than an acquaintance, then how is this spilling over to your real friends, unless you are terribly grand at hiding your feelings from everyone."

WOW! Am I that transparent? I thought I was supposed to be a fracking actor?! Well, the answer is, yes. I have reatreated a lot in the past few months in a number of areas. I'll try catching up in this ost and others.

Here goes attempt number one.......

While I don't think I am in a "depression" I am, at the very least, in one on my funks. And it's a whopper. However, at the same time, I am active, having fun and getting somethings done. I went to Halloween Horror Nights last weekend (a post in itself), I am running to be the Regional Coordinator for the southeast portion of the states in Starfleet International, things have slightly improved at work and if I'm not losing weight I have stabalized a little.

So, what's to be bothering me? I think the work situation started all this. It just took a while to manifest itself. There are options I am looking at both inside and outside my present position. For some odd reason, I hold out hope that things will improve. The ultimate optimist; that's me.

Financially, things are VERY tight. This is closely tied in with the work situation. Like may people at work, my income has nosedived over the past year. Not to air ALL my laundry, but I am down thousands and thousands compared to where I was last year. I have been able to dance around it the past few months and am now on a first name basis with the entire staff at the payday advance place. This month that all turned into a major meltdown and I am scrambling to rollover a 401K loan to catch up on lapsed bills and give me an umbrella until things improve.

Does that have an affect on me?

You're damn skippy it does!

When I first moved to Florida, I lived out of my car for almost a week. I have always prided myself on being resiliant. I have always been able to bounce back from tough times and I know I will again. I guess my demeanor while going through it is another matter.

My work with the Operations Department if Starfleet has backed up. Each weekend I promise myself to sit down and catch up. I sit at the computer and open a program or two and then suddenly either find myself surfing for unrelated things or driftung back to the TV. This weekend I have promised myself to go through everything and get catch up. Luckily, DirecTV has been shut off so I'll have one less distraction.

Another area in my life I have retreated from is Stephany. Well, that is for a lot of reasons; also a post in itself. We are still friends and I care for her as a friend but there are tiems when I have sat and let the answering machine take call after call from her. I just sit there looking at the phone as it rings. The odd part is that I don't really feel anything. Except for the dread when I do have to talk with her and try to avoid answering the question why I have been avoiding her. And I don't usually do this to friends. I don't even do this to people I don't even like. Maybe when the funk is over I will be able to really come to grips with whatever emotions are boiling underneath about her.

One thing that gnaws at me is the more I learn about "the other person" at work. We talk and I keep learning more about her. We laugh at the same things. Have the some of the same interests. And the part that gets me the most is that I had the opportunity and missed it.

Right at the same time Stephany came into my line of sight (about 5 months ago), so did "the other person". I debated back and forth for days which I was going to approach; I was hesitant over both because of the age difference, but finally decided. Turns out this was just at the same time when "the other person" met the guy she is seeing.

Boy! Was THAT a good decision!!!

If you've read my blog with any regularity you'll know I just eat up the "what might have been" scenarios. Is this feeding into my funk? Without paying $120 per hour to a professional I really couldn't tell you but it's a good possibility. Will I get over all this? Also a good possibility. I have this little therapy session sitting right in front of me.

I did say there was some good going on and I'll get that im my next post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude!!! I luv ya but really... you didnt let anything get away.. that would mean you had control and you dont... You have no control, and that is life. You need to not beat yourself up for what you cannot foresee. What you chose was the best choice YOU could make at that given time. Granted we all agree that it was the worst choice... but then we weren't you in the thicke of it all. SO you picked a lunatic who would have been the next Ex-Towaway... Im sure there is NOW SERVING sign with your name under it.. Life goes on. What you aren't emphasizing is all the good things like the people that stick by your side when times are tough for you and the people that love you and tell you that aside from the 25 year old psychos that break your heart withour remorse THAT YOU WERE FOREWARNED AGAINST. (ok i had to rub a little) and avoiding her is a good thing...if she asks "oh why towaway.." tell her like Sam Kinison would... "BECAUSE YOUR A PSYCHO HOSEBEAST THAT BROKE MY HEART OH-OHHHHHH". Remember who is there for you and take solace in that... Im sure you can always find another psycho hose beast waiting to rip out your heart but I my friend... will do the job just for the laughs!;)

Anonymous said...

Can I ask why are you avoiding her? Why don't you just tell her she needs to back off cause you need some space to move on. I might not go as far as Trick's suggestion with the psycho hosebeast, (well, maybe I would...) but don't avoid. Tell her to back off.


Or, if you want I can get some crack whores and do it for you.

Your choice....

You could always write her a poem...

Roses are red
dead ones are black
you're a psycho hosebeast
SO GET OFF MY FRAKKIN' BACK!!

I'm feeling the love in the air..

Anonymous said...

Umm no She deserves to not be acknowledged after all she has done to our Towaway... The instant email break-up letter just after getting off the phone with Tow... All the care he has given to her while she was sick... How he helped her move in her apt.(he aint 24 ya' know... he cant hardly walk let alone move large furniture... Our Man Tow has done more than enough to win her over and yet she looks at him like a Leper (I know, I've seen them interact). I say Screw her and let the bitch chase him for awhile..he needs the ego boost and he's more than his share! Shit the man hasn't even gotten anything for his trouble but a semi-friendly wave and a doorslam on the way out! She's lucky I havent gone up to her, step on her Mexi Midget to get eye to eye and tell her what she can do with her stank fatass that aint worth an ounce of what Tow put into her! If it were me, I would have gone to her long ago and said "What the F*CK!?" But our man Tow is a gentleman whereas, in this situation, I am not!