Friday, October 06, 2006

As promised, a positive post.

Yes, through all the bullshit and funk I am going through there are good things going on in my life. First, and most importantly, is my friends. I have developed the best circle of friends anyone could want. Each time I have needed help and support it is my friends that have been there for me. Family, at times, begrudgingly provides that same help and support but each friend I have turned to; whether it be for a little financial assistance or simply a shoulder to lean on or simply to be there and listen, has offered their help without a moment's hesitation. Most of my friends share the same twisted sense of humor and always keep my mood up and keep me laughing. I cherish each of them.

My son. Each day as he grows older and closer to being a full grown person we seem to grow closer. He is someone I simply enjoy hanging out with. And now, he has a girlfriend. And she is wonderful. I have told him a number of times that if I were to choose a girl for him she would be on the top of the list.

We had an interesting conversatrion this past weekend where we discussed a major difference of opinion over a major topic; homosexuality. He said something in passing about it being "wrong" and when we had time alone I asked him about it. He currently holds a very conservative based view on it. He seemed hesitant to get into the topic with me at first. There are times when I get the feeling he does his best so that we never disagree on anything and I had to remind him that parents and children and going to disagree and that it was OK to have you own opinions. I did, of course give him mine. The bottom line to the discussion I was trying to convey was not to be prejudicial and that a person should be judged as a person and not who he sleeps with. While I am disappointed that he has developed the opinion he has, I think most of that disappointment is in myself; that because of the divorce I have not been there on a daily basis to be a stronger influence on this and other topics. But, at least, we can talk about these things openly and THAT is a good thing.

Regardless of the bile I spewed in my last post (Thanks to Freddie Mercury) things are getting better at work. Well, I am no longer in the hot seat and my name has come up for possible promotion to a very visible position. Odd how it works like that. Maybe its some sort of twisted initiation right? There are also some things about the company which are possibly brewing which could change conditions around the office. Time will tell on the both of them. In the mean time, I keep working, I remain vocal that recent changes in policy are stupid and I hold out hope things will get better. But my eyes are open to all possibilities both within and outside my current job.

I am currently running for the position of Regional Coordinator in Starfleet. I would be responsible for representing chapters in Florida, Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi to the international organization; a Senate of sorts. I decided to do this for a number of reasons but mostly to try to avoid nasty politics rearing its ugly head in this corner of Fleet. I had been putting together a possible run for the top position in the organization but felt a need for me to do this instead. The election runs through next month. I won't bore non-fleet readers with all the details at this point but I am the front runner in a field of three candidates. More on this as it develops.

So, see; all is not doom and gloom when I open my eyes. I am having fun with the things I do. And I haven't even told you about my trip last weekend to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights or "the other person". Next post.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frak it. You don't post for frakkin' ever then all of a sudden I'm trying to catch up. How the hell am I supposed to come up with good lines??

What the hell with the "other person". Is she still with this other guy? Have you asked her out? Stop pussyfooting(so to speak) around and get to it. Haven't you figured out yet that you're a package? Start acting like it! What the frak? Are you afraid of rejection? Dammit, people get rejected all the time. You just move on. And stop waiting for the supermodel. Or the novelty arm candy. You know part of Steph's charm was that you could say she was 10 or however old she is. (I'm just guessing her age based on how she acts.) Go with similar interests and being able to laugh together. I guaran-damn-tee she will turn into a supermodel...

Ahhhh. That felt good.
I missed ya Cap'n.

Anonymous said...

Some of us that you call friends are still waititng to hear from you, but are glad that things are starting to turn around. oh,P.S.....staying away from Stephany is a GOOD thing, moving on to better is also a GOOD thing, so quit yer brooding!
Yes, you are a good actor, but friends ALWAYS KNOW BETTER!!