Thursday, October 12, 2006

Moment #5,432 when I wish my father were still alive.

I was on the phone with my son recently when the circle of life hit him right in the face. We were talking when I could hear his 5 year old brother trying to get his attention loudly in the background. My son did his best to keep the conversation going but Jeffrey did his best to be a 5 year old.

Suddenly, my son broke from our conversation and in a voice which would make a Marine drill sergeant nervous snaps at his brother, "JEFFREY! What do I have in my hand?"

"The phone" Jeffrey answers almost in rote to an conversation you know he has had 500 times this week.

"What am I doing with the phone?" Captain Bligh continues.

"Talking"

"Are you supposed to be interrupting me when I'm talking on the phone?"

I burst out laughing.

"What?" Neidermeyer asks me.

"You're doing it!" I announce.

"What?"

"YOU'RE CHANNELING YOUR PARENTS!"

I didn't think I'd get to have this kind of fun for another 10 years. John is so lucky my father isn't alive; we would be ganging up on him relentlessly.

I was a beautiful moment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you realize that on October 24, you will have been doing this blog for 3 years? In fact the first blog talked about your 12 YEAR OLD son!!

Wow. What a wild frakkin' ride. Especially when I think going back beyond the 3 years. OMFG. I've known you for how long?

The best part is you haven't learned a frakkin' thing. You still have problems at work, still date psychohosebeasts, and still have me for a friend.....
Our life together..

Bear feet.
I'm not going to Shoreleave, PSYCH!
bad relationships
good relationships
beach walks
many shots of SoCo
Lisa is where??!!
MINIVANS!!
Looks aren't everything, but in your case their nothing.
TRICK
Jack's world's colliding
That's what friends are for
Double lesbians
head butt pic with Johnny (he was 5)

I love you!!

Lisa