Thursday, September 15, 2005

WB where are you!

I have gone into withdrawal since the local channel carrying WB programming moved their slate of shows to a sister station which is not carried by DirecTV. I have already missed out on the season premier of "Gilmore Girls" and am dreading missing out on another great season of "Smallville".

I am not taking this lying down. I have already called the company which owns the WB affiliate, the local television critic along with a station request, official complaint and email to customer service for DirecTV. I am on a mission.

OK, I know...."It's just a TV show". But both of the programs I'm missing out on are, in my humble opinion, some of the best writing being done on television today. On "Gilmore" the jokes, pop references and snappy dialogue fly off the screen like electrons. "Smallville" is a well crafted comic book based drama which holds its original material in high regard and pays homage to it in some of the most inspired and original ways.

Yes, I could wait for next season's DVD's. I could try to watch TV the old fashioned way, with an antenna. Or I could beg friends with cable which carries the station. Hopefully, I won't have to wait too long as the public relations person at the TV station says they are "in negotiation". With any luck this will be long before the repeat season starts.

Such is the life of a couch potato.

2 comments:

Bismo said...

If worse comes to worst, one word: BitTorrent.

Anonymous said...

How nice to live in Eastern North Carolina and get Direct TV that still carried WB...oh wait..that was mean..sorry..