Sunday, September 11, 2005

I just got back from doing something I haven't done in many months; walking up to the supermarket to do my shopping. I need a nap!

Actually, it wasn't that bad. It was just around 88 degrees and a light breeze which kept the sweat from happening, at least until the way home. My body isn't used to carrying the 5 pounds of groceries for the 2 miles and I was a bit damp when I got home.

I didn't realize how much I missed the walks. Last year, the last time I was without a vehicle, I did it out of necessity on a regular basis because I had to. I probably could have waited another day to get food but I wasn't about to shell out another $20 for a pizza. Now that I'm buying another car, I have to make the budget stretch.

Yes, I am getting another car right away. My friend Jim has offered me his old van on time payments. I should have him paid in full in a month and still be able to attend Vulkon in November. The best part is that I didn't go to family or friends to borrow the money. Yes, I am somewhat doing the same thing by paying Jim over time, but I didn't grovel to someone for the cash and struggle to pay them back. Needless to say, I'll be bugging management at work for that chance in incentive pay even more now!

No comments: