Saturday, September 10, 2005

The Bull is dead!

My van has finally given up the ghost and died. I was on my way home from work Thursday night and it simply gave out. The engine just stopped. I imagine it is now what is called seized. I was surprised there was no horrendous noise as metal ground to a halt. It simply stopped running and no longer turns over.

I was at a light on Green River Parkway; the new road I drooled over a few months ago. To add insult to injury this is a spot with the nearest telephone about a mile in either direction and my cell phone chose that particular moment to also give out. A fellow Liberty employee was kind enough to give me a ride to her house to call AAA.

The van now sits in repose outside my trailer. I have a option of buying my friend's van; if I can come up with the money. I'm making calls to friend and family to help out so I don't have to go too long without a vehicle. Again.

I can't complain too much as the van has held on since last winter and has given me 5 good years and many trips filled with good memories. If only it could have waited two more months.

No comments: