Tuesday, February 01, 2005

OK, OK it's been a while. I've been busy.

This weekend was Fleet Day at Kennedy Space Center. We had 13 members of Starfleet International show up to lay a wreath at the Astronaut Memorial Wall. Some of us were in Starfleet and chapter t-shirts and a few of us were in full uniform. Your geek of a blogger was one of them. It was a fun day, which lasted much, linger than I ever thought it would. It was great to hang with friends like that.

It was also another "after surgery victory". The last time I was there in 2000 I was not able to walk out to the memorial wall due to my weight. This time, I hardly stopped the entire time! It felt great.We had a beautiful 2 foot diameter wreath of read and white carnations with a blue ribbon, which we placed at the wall. The memorial is impressive. I wish more people could see it. When the general public thinks of astronauts dying in the line of duty the first ones they think of are Grissom, White and Chaffee. It's a shame that more people don't know of the sacrifice of men like.

It now appears as if I'll have to be buying a new car sooner than I thought. A few weeks ago I had the radiator problem, which turned into a gasket problem. Now the transmission has started slipping and my mechanic informs me that repair wold cost more than the van is worth. I had been hoping to be able to wait until next year and use my "Santa phone call money" to buy a new van. What I'll probably end up doing is start financing now and then pay it off early next December. I went looking at the dealer where I bought the Areostar and am looking at a Dodge Caravan. I'd really like a conversion van; so the hunt continues.

No comments: