Thursday, February 24, 2005

Here's more proof of just how much a Get A Life Trek fan I am no matter how hard I may (or may not) try to hide it. A friend of mine and I were talking today about the impending release of Star Wars Episode III. There is a co-worker who is getting married that week and we joked about him explaining to his new bride that they have to go to a movie theater during their honeymoon. Which brought back a vivid memory.

I was married the first time in April 1988 when Next Generation was in it's first run. The wedding was on a Saturday. After the reception my bride and I stopped at the house to get a few things and count out booty in wedding gifts. As I was counting the cash I turned on the TV and there was that week's episode.

"Come on, Jack, we have to get going." The new Mrs. Eaton said.

"Well.........can't we wait till this episode's over?"

And that marriage didn't last......how is that possible?!

Here's a punchline only those who know the the former wife and are Trek fans will truly appreciate. The episode that day was "Skin of Evil". Somewhat ironic, isn't it?!

No comments: