Monday, January 09, 2006

A whooping nasty cold has kept me away from the PC since last Wednesday. I missed work Thursday, Friday and any chance of making up hours on Saturday. Yesterday was the first time I started feeling human again. Well....close enough, anyway.

I went back to work today wishing I still had time off available. Sometime this week I should be interviewing for a promotion at work. I have been on the phones for two years and I desperately need a break. Recently I had a dream in which I got fired. It was one of those really detailed and realistic dreams you wake up from and have to first decide if it were a dream or not. Not a great way to start the day.

All is getting back to normal even if my respiratory system is still a little messed up. I am enjoying the soothing affects of Nyquil. Those same soothing affects which can be made smoother with a bourbon chaser. Yummy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jack!
This is a friend from work that you had to throw in bed after the Winter party. I wanted to email you the top 10 list from George Takei. You can link it to www.howardstern.com but here it is. Sorry you can't hear it because George is amazing on the show.


Howard took a call from Evil David Letterman, who introduced himself to George as the real talk show host. After George responded that he had met Dave years ago, Evil Dave asked him if he wanted to read a Top 10 List for tonight’s “Late Show.” George told Evil Dave that he’d love to be a part of his show, but that he wasn’t sure Howard would give his blessing. Although Howard admitted he was a little jealous of George announcing for Dave, he said it would be a great opportunity for him, and that he should do it. Evil Dave then said that the topic of the list is “Top 10 Reasons Why Bill Shatner is a Jerk,” and that he’d send a copy to Howard so George could peruse it. Although he was excited about the proposal, George asked if it was really David Letterman on the phone. Howard replied that, after fooling George twice in the week with an Arnold Schwarzenegger impersonator, he didn’t think he could be duped again. George then laughed and agreed with Howard’s statement.


A few minutes later, the following “Top 10 Reasons Bill Shatner is a Jerk” list arrived, which George read:

(10) His first interracial kiss was with Uhura and not me

(9) He had two trailers on the set: one for him and one for his ego

(8) He turned down an invitation to the fourth annual “Star Trek Hayride”

(7) He acts like that Tribble on his head is real hair

(6) His acting is so bad he makes me look like Brando

(5) He’s a prick on Mars, Mercury and Venus

(4) His name sounds like a form of defecation

(3) He never followed the Prime Directive

(2) Although I asked on numerous occasions, he never showed me his boner

(1) Holy jeez, I’ve been duped again.

That wasn’t the real David Letterman on the phone. S*** happens...again.
-courtesy of Howard Stern.com