Sunday, January 01, 2006

2005 looks as if it could have been called the Year of the Breakdown. As I re-read my blog, time after time there were mentions of how one van was dying and the newer one never wanted to cooperate. Here's to a better vehicle in 2006.

There are things to look forward to in the coming year.

The door continues to open wider for a possible voice acting career; I should be meeting with my friends at the DAVE School in the next few weeks to talk over plans for the next couple of projects.

At the same time, I will be interviewing for a promotion at work as well; hopefully an increase in pay will go along with that.

My relationship with my son continues to develop and strengthen. I am only hoping we can overcome all these glitches in transportation to make our visits more regular than they have been in the past few months. Tonight was fun, as we worked together over the phone on some homework he had on "Romeo and Juliet". Bonding moment #2,454.

Romance? Well, there is something possible brewing at work which I have even hesitated on mentioning here for fear of jinxing things. I'll know more when I go back on Tuesday. As usual, the majority of the problem is be building up the cajones to say something. More on that as it develops.

I am entering my second year as Chief of Operations for Starfleet International. While I may have been slacking over the holidays, I do seem to have been well received by most of the membership and Chapter Presidents around the globe. I will be headed to conventions in Birmingham, Philadelphia and our annual trip to Shore Leave, which, this year, will be a family reunion of sorts.

All in all, I am very optimistic over 2006. We'll see how many times the devil farts in my face along the way in the next 364 days.

No comments: