Saturday, May 14, 2005

Just like the series as a whole; the finale of "Star Trek: Enterprise" was unsatisfying and limp. The way they killed Trip was especially so. I was even somewhat let down that the story did not take the tact we had been led to believe; that the entire series had been a holograph novel Riker and Troi were going through. It would have been kinder to this whole abomination if it were nothing more than Bobby Ewing coming out of the shower.

Star Trek will be back. Hopefully without Rick Berman. If anything, he has been the abomination to Trek. Thank goodness there's still Ron Moore and "Battlestar Galactica".

It should have been "Star Trek: Excelsior" all along.

I had a moment of unbelievable stupidity this evening. I was picking up a cake for our "Enterprise Wake" party. It was a small white cake with "Star Trek; Enterprise RIP" printed on it. As I was going through the checkout there was this wonderfully beautiful young lady at the register. In my mind I went thought a delightful witty exchange where she asks if the cake says, "Star Trek?"

"Yes, it does," I answer "Don't tell me I'm lucky enough that you;re a fan."

"Why, yes, I am," she answers.

I get up to the register and push the cake forward. She glances inside the bag and sure enough says to me, "Does that cake say Star Trek on it?"

"Yes, it does," I answer.

And that was it.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!

No comments: