Sunday, April 10, 2005

Another lazy weekend. Some friends went to a renaissance Faire. I bowed out because they bore me to tears. All of the stereotypical "geek" labels people put on Trek fans I put on people who are into these events. Yes, I am a geek and can walk around all day in a Starfleet costume. However, I do not walk about making believe it's 2265. You'd think the wannabe actor in me would appreciate what the performers are doing but it just is one big yawn fest for me.

I only left the house to go to work for a few hours Saturday and get the mail. Other than that it's been veg out and catch up on shows I have on TiVo.

"Blind Justice" is Stephen Bochko's latest and it has taken some getting used to, but I'm glad I stayed with it. The premise is a bit of a stretch; a NYPD detective is blinded in a shoot out and goes back on the job guide dog and all. The thing which has kept me there is the lead actor, Ron Eldard. He plays John Dunbar with a strength which grabs you and keeps you there. The real hook to the show is exactly how a blind person deals with every day life; that sometimes is more intriguing than the detective stories happening around him. And, OK, I live for the bedroom scenes with his wife, Rena Sofer.

It's been probably 30 years since I watched an episode of "Kojac" so I'm not sure exactly how close the USA Networks version with Vingh Raimes is to the original but I like it. I know they definitely do not have the character of Detective Crocker as well fleshed out as the original but Vingh hold the show together tightly. He plays the cop we all wish cops could really be, doing whatever is necessary to get the bad guy and bending or breaking the rules if it either gets the job done or helps out the good guys. He has got to be the best dressed cop on TV today.

"24" continues to be bad television done well. Last week's episode cranked up the suspense but continued to stretch believability. It cannot be that easy to take down Air Force One.

"Robot Chicken" is hilarious. Thanks to my friend Dave for hooking me up with it. They had a bit on the Star Wars Trilogy which almost had me peeing my pants.

I could not really enjoy "Gray's Anatomy" for the same reason I skip "ER". A little too real. Death and sickness is enough to deal with in the real world; when I sit to watch TV I'd like to have a little fun and escape. I tried though, I really tried but kept getting creeped out.

No comments: