Monday, October 27, 2003

I was all excited on my way home. I had a great idea for a posting. It stayed with me through changing out of my good work clothes and chores I had to do around the house. I had it all outlined in my head; it flowed perfectly and made a wonderful point about a salient aspect of my life. Now, as I sit here I can't remember word one.

Is this part of being 40-something? I don't feel 40-something inside. I even call myself a"Toys R Us Kid" in the title of this blog. My father was the father of 4, Sergeant in the police department and homeowner by my age. JFK was running for president at 41. I still do my 12 year old son's Christmas shopping by getting stuff I'd want. I do, however, have a 401K account. When I told my mother I had started the account, she asked me for ID, to make sure I really was the Jack she had known.

I wonder if they'll have a Sponge Bob Squarepants horn for my walker when I hit my 90th birthday.

No comments: