Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Years is usually a time to recap and look ahead. This year seems to be the perfect year to do that with. I sit here alone as my son has opted to stay and work at his fast food job. I am not actually sitting, as more hunched over the computer as my back problem has flared up again and I walk around all day doing my Igor impression.

To add to this I just got off the phone with Julie.

pause while you shake your head


Just like always, just when I stop thinking about her she comes back. All of those conversations I had practices months ago were lost although I very clearly let her know that her leaving had an affect on me. She DID say she was sorry; which I guess is something. My strongest moment in the conversation was when she mentioned her daughters and I said, "Well, I DID certainly miss the girls." Followed by a long silence.

She has been having more problems with her ex (gee, what a shock, eh?) and is moving back here to Florida. We closed the conversation saying we would talk more when she got settled.

I really don't know what will happen when we do talk. I know every one reading this would probably like to slap me upside the head just in case. But just so you don't think I'll be standing there with the door wide open for her again, I found this little gem which fits perfectly with most of the relationships in my life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup. That video about sums it up.

I'm just gonna stand here and shake my head for a little bit.

thebonebreaker said...

Dude. . .

STAY AWAY!!!

Red said...

I thought all his skits were fictional...obviously I was wrong!

*Look, I can see Jack practicing being a door mat.*

Come on Jack, you can get up now, she's not here yet!