Monday, January 19, 2009

I just watched the concert at the Lincoln Memorial. While it was a great show (How could you beat Garth Brooks leading all those people in "Shout!") the best part of the show for me was watching this little girl.

She is the daughter of the new Director of the VA, Gen. Eric Shinseki. This little girl was zonked out and sound asleep through 90% of the concert. While music blared and the crowd cheered she slept. The only movement from her during the show was when she was shuffled from one parents' shoulder to another about halfway through the show.

20 years from now people will be asking her where she was during this moment in history. If I were her parents, I'd be sure to have a copy of footage from the concert always at the ready.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait! I'm so excited that I could just talk on the phone to someone that crushed my heart just so it could seem like I was insulting her when really it would show how much I'm suffering by talking to the wench...

...oh, wait, I see you've done that...