Monday, June 16, 2008

I sit here and the phone hasn't rung.

Sunday morning I got up and went over again. As I was turning the corner onto her street Tom Petty's "The Waiting is the Hardest Part" came on the radio.

I almost threw it out the window.

I was met at the door my her mother and Nicky. Apparently, she had been up until 3AM with her oldest. Understandable that she'd still be asleep. So, I left asking her mother to have her call me later.

She actually did.

The conversation was stilted and we didn't even get near "THE TOPIC" except to say that we had to make plans to get together to talk. SHe went through some of the things that had been happening during the week and passing excuses for not being in contact. The vibe I got off this conversation was not good at all.

Apparently, it was clear to everyone at work today that something was up. I had a number of people say something to me. I guess a dark cloud does show a little conspicuously. I tried to put on a good face but, ironically, it was only "The Other Person" who got me to laugh during the day.

Julie and I left things that we are supposed to get together tomorrow night. She is supposed to call tonight to make some sort of plans. That leaves only 30 minutes.

No, not a good vibe at all.

No comments: