Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A friend of mine said that I am handling this whole "Julie thing" very well. Being such a good friend she went on to clarify that "since you've done this so many times in a row you're getting good at it just out of repetition!"

Friday we spoke, she called me out of the blue, and made plans that I would stop by at a yard sale she was having the next morning before going in to work. I asked three times if she was sure she'd be awake and out in the driveway at 7AM; she assured me she would. I got there at 7:30 just to be sure and, of course....no one was there. I went back home and took an hour's nap. As I was walking out the door she called having just woke up. We left it that she would call me later that night.

That was the last I have heard from her.

I almost went stalkeratzzi on her Sunday night as I planned on leaving a note on her car during the night. I sat in my car in the driveway like Cameron in "Ferris Beuller's Day Off"

"I'll go. I'll go. I'll go. I'll go.......No"

Finally, I sent a text message to "The Other Person" who has become my own person "Dr. Phil" during all of this and she seemed relieved I did not go through with my plan. As it turned out, the note and its use ended up being presented in a much more demonstrative fashion and may have served to get my message across in a much more sympathetic way.

In the note I simply pointed out that I have been patient and understanding throughout our time together and have been trying for the past to weeks to be open and available to talk this "whatever it is" she is feeling and going through but now the ball is in her court. I attached the note to a small vase of roses and delivered it to her office on the day her ex was getting out of jail.

The pin has been pulled, the grenade has been tossed and now I just wait for the earth shattering kaboom.

That was yesterday and the phone still hasn't rung.

No comments: