Sunday, December 09, 2007

Last night was our company Christmas party. For the past few years they have held it under tents in our parking lot and have always had a fantastic set up. This year was no exception. However, they promoted it as a "formal" event. Usually, it is set as a semi-formal, I'm guessing, as a celebration of our being merged with a bigger company.

Still, I wondered, did they expect some of us to afford formal wear on what we make at our jobs. I searched high and low and was able to find just the right "formal" attire that would reflect a Shawshank paycheck.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The gentleman in the photo with me is my pal, Mel. He and I are the two surviving members of our training class from 10 years ago. He and I now have more seniority on the job than ANY member of upper management. We have seen CEO's come and go and to go from a company of 200 employees in a privately owned company to 2,000 employees of a division of one of the largest pharmaceutical corporations ion the country.

It is amazing that a dope who wears a tux t-shirt has survived 10 years in the coprorate world!

Well, at least until Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not only did you sport the tux tee but ALSO the Elvis sun specs....

Perfect. Weren't we in the same training class? Had I stayed I think I may have done something similar...

Assuming I hadn't been fired or laid off by now....