Sunday, September 16, 2007

The sound you hear is my father laughing!

I have just finished mowing the lawn. I have not mowed a lawn since somewhere in the 1970's. Granted, it was a little easier with Jason's self-propelled mower. Although, we didn't have the 30 degree sloped swails in my yard or the 90 degree heat either! I figure it's a fair trade for staying here rent free.

Yes, the one thing that made up for it all was being able to drop on the pool as soon as I was done.

The reason I'm doing this is one of the other bits of news that has happened since my move.

Julie.

She is a 27 year old single mom who works in my office. A few weeks ago we started talking and I finally got up the never to offer my phone number which she happily took. We have gone out to lunch once so far and she is supposed to come over for a swim sometime today.

It's very early on and only something very casual at this point but I still had to make the place presentable to make an impression. Speaking of which....I have some dusting to do.

DAMN! There goes my father laughing again!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

27? At least you're moving the right way in the numbers...

oh, did I say that out loud?

Damn meds...need adjusting again.