Thursday, April 26, 2007

Today was fantastic! Every time I'm in a recording studio like this I feel so at home. I got to Orlando in time to read through the script and get an idea of what character I was playing. His name is Hunter. Hunter is a Lieutenant leading a Marine style, Roughnecks kind of strike force fighting a bunch of evil nano-technology badies that take over the Earth. Oh, and his big, muscular, bald and black; something of a young Vingh Raimes.

Ron Tornnton showed up and we immedieatly jumped right into recording and had it done within 20 minuets. OK, so it's only a 7 minuet film, but this was quick and easy. I did seem to impress Ron with how quickly I took to the script and we worked back and forth easily.

The finished project is scheduled to be completed on June 15th. I can hardly wait to see it. After the recording session I went to the DAVE School and got to see some of the early CGI work being done on it and even saw what I am going to look like, I look pretty good as a brother!

I also took the opportunity to pick Ron's brain about getting into this voice acting thing seriously. He agreed that I do have a talent for it and that I could have good chances for getting work. He suggested some avenues I had not considered; specifically while still being in Florida. Moving to Los Angeles might have to be a possibility in the future; something I have considered and do have on the list of things to ponder. There is some more work to be done on this project and Ron might be able to get me more exposure doing other projects for the school itself and will be working up some industry contacts for me.

Today was everything I had been hoping it was going to be. Am I ready to pull up stakes and head of to Hollyweird? Am I practicing an acceptance speech for a Annie or Daytime Emmy? Well, OK....YES! But I am also trying to make small, measured and intelligent steps towards those dream moments. For now, I'll be happy being a big, bad ass Marine Lietuenant!

3 comments:

Bismo said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see it. And yeah, think about going west, young man, while you still ARE young!

The Hey said...

Just go already - you'll regret it if you don't.

Just get a better car or live within distance of the metro - breaking down in LA is not a fun experience.

Anonymous said...

First of all....I've been busy these last few weeks...so I'm catching up here....and btw, why haven't you called??

Second...you know you do have an incredible voice. I think moving would do wonders for you. In any case give you more opportunity.

Third (and here's the bipolar part)
WTF are you thinking?? I only get to see you once a frakkin' year as it is and you wanna move to LA?? Where I started??? It's bad enough that I never get to see you, you never call and you have more talent than I've got shoes, but I live for being able to tell you what is going on in my life and live for that one time a year I get to see you. ANd I know you, you move to LA you'll never come out east again...

But...

Hey...I guess we all need some hope huh? Maybe Mojo can kick you into some money making stuff...

Did I mention I love you??