Monday, April 09, 2007

It's not often when someone gets one over on me but it did happen today. I returned from the better part of a week's vacation to find my desk like THIS:



The entire desk had been blanketed in confetti! Everywhere! Even my chair was covered! Hanging over it all was a sign saying "Welcome Back!" But then there was the punchline.



I knew immediately who had done it; more on that in a moment. I went about clearing off my chair and most of the desk top so I could get some semblance of work done. This took about 20 minuets. I went to put something in my file cabinet when I found that my entire cabinet had been replaced; the top drawer was filled with more confetti and a sign saying, "We Missed You!"

I can take as good as I give and I have to admire when a good one is pulled on me and this certainly was a good one. And it was all perpetrated by my friend, Crystal. This was payback for my April Fools Day attack on her desk the previous week in which I turned every photo and piece of paper on her desk upside down and rearranged some of the keys on her PC keyboard. This took planning and some effort and it certainly has to be admired for is simplicity and how the punchline of the cabinet didn't reveal itself right away.

In the words of Bugs Bunny, "Of course, you know, this means war!"

No comments: