Thursday, September 07, 2006

Sorry for the slack in writing. It was a busy holiday weekend. John was here....well, he was here but spent lots of time with someone else. I'm not complaining. He shows great taste and I'm glad to see him making friends. And that its a super female friend that I happen to think is as good a kid as my son is....BONUS!!!!

Work still sucks. I've been told, in not too many words that my situation is not bound to change soon. A recent slump is only counted as THE slump and not balanced at all with 8 years 357 days. We are told that things should improve in the near future. I am just hoping that my patience can hold out. Being under the microscope is one thing being an ant with the annoying little brat holding the magnifying glass as he focuses sunlight on you like a laser is completely different.

I am sucking it up though. I have been here longer than any member of management and quite possibly will be here after they are gone. It's like my supervisor said before, "I care". Some twisted, demented part of me still likes the company and hopes that management will either gets its collective head out of its ass or be replaced with better management.

Here's a preview of next year's talent show material. (God willing)

Our company always does a great job on the blood drives. Have you ever noticed that none of management ever donates blood? There's a perfectly logical reason.

Well, first you gotta have a heart.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the company dont go down before the talent show... I have lots of ideas :)) we should get together to write jokes!!!

Anonymous said...

The term "jokes" means that you expect someone to laugh...

Unless you plan on writing a book about your conquests, good luck.

The company won't go down. They, like a female who never has, will wait and wait till they think it's the right one, or time. And, similarly, they are both almost always wrong.

You might as well beef up your resume. It is much easier to find a job when you have a job. It makes you much more bankable.

Or, desirable, if you will....

And in your case Jack, you need as much desirablity as you can get...

By the way, did I mention The Trick and I are working on a pre-arranged marriage?

I have some questions for you at Shoreleave...I have some shots of Southern Comfort waiting for you..

Please, feel free to start talking in the third person at any time...

Anonymous said...

Hmm The Trick, I like it...never got coined that way. Does this mean I get to dress up in blue and yell "Spoon!". Well i sure would like to but I think the part of Deuce Bigalow is taken. Hmm Sothern Comfort... Ick... Cough Medicine! If Im gonna do Scotch, it'll Be Johnny Walker but actually I prefer Tequilla. It does nice things to me dont it Jack?? :P