Sunday, July 23, 2006

So much has happened in the past week that it is somewhat hard to put into words. First of all let me reassure any of you who know me well enough, that I DO have a handle on this. While I would like things to go a certain way I know they might not and I'm OK with that. I have helped a friend in a time of dire need and that is the bottom line. Friends here and those of you who have posted are shaking heads and wishing they could slap me in the back of mine. But I do have a handle on this.

Stephany was VERY sick and while there were friends and family there to help I helped her through some of the roughest parts. She still has a tough time ahead of her in trying to give up smoking but she seems to have the desire to do so.

Where do she and I stand? That is very much up in the air. We had a long talk the other night and I laid it out plain and simple for her, "This is the boyfriend you could have had!" I told her that I realize that we may have grown closer in the past week but she has many things to work through. When she feels she has a better handle on where she is in her life, we can talk about how I fit into that.

How am I dealing with this? Pretty well, actually. I have put a lot of how I feel about her to the side until she approaches me to talk about it. I am still her friend and will help her as much as I can. But there are things in my life which have been put aside in the past few weeks that I need to attend to and for my own emotional well being I have to keep the deep emotions I have to the side.

Do I want thing to change between us? Would I like her to finally realize the potential I see? Yes. But my life cannot and will not be on hold while that possibility dangles in front of it. I have and will reminded her from time to time with a joke or two. Time will tell.

Is it screwed up? Am I crazy? Should I never have gone to help her? Am I really being honest about my feelings? I ask myself these questions all the time as do those around me.

Again, time will tell.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Is it screwed up? Am I crazy?"

The answer is YES, you buttmunch.

But it has nothing to do with her. You're just crazy. And screwed up.

Mix that with alcohol and you can get a date.

Wait, isn't that my motto?

"I love you man!!"

Anonymous said...

Buttmunch!

I love that!

And I agree with sister, the answer is YES!

Also, isn't there another girl oops let me get that correct "Women" at work that seems to be interested in towaway????

Her age must be a problem....huh?

Anonymous said...

As long as they do not show up on Amber Alert, all is well!

Anonymous said...

I have avoided this blog for a reason.... I KNOW TOO MUCH!!! I am still biting my tongue but Oh Boy I can sell your Chronicles to your Shore-Leave friends. I know you know who this is and let me start with...You Big Dope!!! I love ya man but really c'mon...did u really have to get the final say on her with "Look what you could have had...". Jack, stop being such a woman looking for closure and the final say to a relationship that not only never was but never really began. Dude, I got to tell ya...if she didnt know what she lost when she lost it...how can you possibly illustrate it to her so that she can understand??? Better yet...Why would you waste your time??? The expression "hasn't got a clue" applies here. How can she know what she dont know? Just go back to your ex if you really want that type of mental torture from someone.

All i really want to say is...
Snap out of it! You make all men look bad now! :P

Anonymous said...

OMG!! True Friend, I love you!!

"stop being such a woman looking for closure"

Ahh!! If only I had thought to say that!!

Oh the tears....