Monday, June 26, 2006

He looks so good.

He was such a nice guy.

I didn't even know he was sick.

These are all of the usual things you hear at a funeral. You can begin practicing saying all of these things about me because I am, apparently, dead.

I called my answering machine today to check messages when I got the following:

"I am calling in reference to the estate of the LATE JOHN EATON......."

Needless to say, I was taken aback by the news. I was immediately reminded of the MASH episode when Hawkeye is mistaken for dead. My situation , however, is nothing as drastic. This is simply a ploy by a bill collector to get me to call. I am supposed to become all upset and worried calling the number left on my machine to correct the error. The conversation would the go:

"Well, if you're not dead, Mr. Eaton, you can send us the money you owe us."

Needless to say, I have not called them back. However, I am planning a quite lavish wake. What the hell, I might as well enjoy this one.

2 comments:

Bismo said...

And we know JUST the place for that wake!

Anonymous said...

Can we schedule that wake for July 7-9 in Maryland?

Let me be the first to buy you a boiler-maker.....

Of course, now that you're dead you are more interesting than you've ever been.

If something happens to you on that weeked I PROMISE that I will dress you up like Weekend at Bernie's and continue with the celebration.