Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The Bull is gone.

Today an auto salvage wrecker came by and hauled away the car which has been there for me for the past five years. Along with it went memories of trips to Washington DC, North Carolina and all points throughout Florida. That van carried me out of the path of the hurricanes last year and was my haven from work for 10 minutes at a whack. And it was bought with inheritance money from my mother. So, it was a good thing I was not here to see it's lifeless hulk being dragged away.

At least I made $25 bucks on the deal. When I first called this salvage yard a week ago they cried over the cost of gasoline and that they couldn't pay me anything at all to haul it away. Since I needed to get rid of it I agreed. When I called them again today to pick it up the guy on the other end asked if they had offered anything for the car.

My momma didn't raise no fool......

"What do you want to give me for it?" I asked innocently.

Which is how I ended up with a check for $25 dollar waiting for me when I got home.

My new van, still yet un-named, is now in its proper parking spot. This car has yet to show its personality or inspire me for a name. I'll let you know when the muse speaks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings and Salutations!

Long time, no hear from!

What's new, man?

I hope it's not that look.
You used to be quite handsome. Please tell me that's a costume????

--evil grin--
Lisa Mueller
Executive Director
Celebrity Entertainment Corp.
PO Box 266, Malverne, NY 11565
(516) 564-1058
director@CelebrityEntertainment.org
www.CelebrityEntertainment.org

Anonymous said...

How 'bout you name your new vehicle
"Glade Runner" since I'm sure you must need to stock up on scented products in the heat of FL....
did I mention the temp was 65 degrees today?