Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Been very busy lately getting ready for my next few weeks of travel and vacation. Thursday I am off to my first Starfleet International Conference. This is also my first time reporting as a member of the Executive Committee so there is excitement and nervousness on both parts.

I am looking forward to visiting San Antonio again. Last time I was there I was a 13 year old in love. There was a girl I had met while visiting my sister in England. Her name was Anne. I don't know if she ever even knew how I felt about her and how, to this day, I still carry a small ember of that torch. She was the first girl who inspired poetry for me.

Met her on a Monday in an English home,
back then I was so all alone.
Watching her just standing there,
with no girl could she compare.
She filled my life so full of sunshine,
some day I'm going to make her mine.

Can you tell I grew up listening to 70's AM radio?

In my freshman year of high school a friend of mine put it to music for $75. I never sent it to her. She's married with kids somewhere in Pennsylvania but she'll be on my mind this weekend.

I miss my son something terrible. He went on a trip to visit his step father's family in Maine. This is his first trip on an airplane. Well, the first he can remember. When he was an infant we had taken a trip down here one Christmas. I had hope that I would be able to take him on his "first" plane ride and it bothers me a little that the ex beat me to it. I've chalked it up to another of the moments I'll never have with him thanks to the divorce.

We do have our trip to Maryland the following week to make up for it. I love the fact that he always looks forward to the trip as much as I do. It's nothing but time together for us for an extended period of time. Nothing could be better.

No comments: