Sunday, March 27, 2005

Post partum depression is not exclusively a new mother's problem; I suffer from it every two weeks. I put John on a bus to head back to his mother's. We had a great week together. Lots of time just hanging out together and simply living in the same space.

I did, however have to parental at one point this week. By accident I had found he was searching for nude celebrity sites on the net. A few years ago I had caught him trying to get into the Playboy website so the rule was if he was caught again there would be limits placed on his internet use. Since, as far as I could tell, he was only searching and hadn't actually gone to one of the sites he was cut off from the PC for two days. Usually when he's caught he cries; this time he knew he was busted and took it like a man.

He amazes me more and more each day. His sense of humor is being honed and he's growing into quite a person. I revel in each day just watching the changes. I often wonder what will happen when he is on his own; how will I deal with even more separation from him?

Speaking of changes, my congressional friend is staying in the House of Representatives so it seems my political coat tail grabbing is on hold for a while more. Jim Langevin announced over the weekend his intention to stay and build seniority in the House as opposed to taking a shot at a senate race this year. If he had, I had every intention of trying to get back on his staff and moving to DC. It would have meant a drastic change to things with John but would have out my life back on track to where it was before moving to Florida.

Being this close to my son, however, does make up the difference.

No comments: