Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Believe it or not, there was a comical punchline to my post from yesterday about Julie.

After I calmed down I went to "The Other Person" to let her know what I had heard as she has been my own personal Dr. Phil though all of this.

A little back story on this; months ago I had loaned "The Other Person" a copy of "Animal House" once she had told me she had never watched it but continued to tell me about either not having anything to watch or the latest really bad so-called comedy the moment it was available on DVD. It's been so long since I loaned it to her I can't remember when that was and am sure it had dust settled on it. It has become a running joke. Anytime even the most passing reference is made to a DVD I will say something about "Animal House".

So, I told her what had happened and made the joke about "The Shawshank Redemption". She responded with, "You know, you could go Game Stop and get 5 DVD's for $10."

Seeing the opening for our running joke, "Next time you're there get "Animal House" if you see it."

"I already have a copy!" and then, without missing a beat, "Oh, did I tell you I was moving?!"

Ahhhh, friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love her.

The Cooking Lady said...

Touche Other Person!!! Yowser, I like her as well. Anyone that can stand toe to toe to Jack has my vote!