Monday, April 07, 2008

I had the weirdest string of dreams lately; well, nightmares, actually. Over the weekend I continued to have dreams about my ex-wives. And the worst part was that each of the dreams dealt with our breakups. Of course, it's been a few days and all of the details are gone and the dreams weren't a replay of our breakups but what I remember were they were as if the break ups were happening today; bits and pieces of every day life of today placed over our breaking up.

The absolute wort part of the whole thing was that these were dreams with a very strong emotional element. I would wake up each time upset, depressed and emotionally drained as if I had actually gone through the heart wrenching scenes in real life. They wouldn't stop, either. If I woke up in the middle of a dream about my first wife I would go back to sleep and go into a dream about my second wife. All weekend long the dreams kept switching back and forth between one and the other and just wouldn't stop. It was beginning to piss me off. Last night I was almost afraid to go to sleep but the dreams finally were over with.

Some say there are reasons and meanings in our dreams. Others say that it is the brain resolving thoughts leftover from the day. Freud said sometimes a banana is just a banana. Even though it is coming up on what would have been my 20th anniversary with my first wife I haven't been "going through anything" over it and my second wife and I have been getting along wonderfully lately. I haven't been wrestling with unresolved emotions and regrets; I've been feeling pretty damn good about life in general. Must be the universe's way of just fucking with me a little.

Or.......

Maybe one of the ex's learned how to place a curse on me.

Now THAT is a definite possibility!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Considering that being married to you was probably a nightmare enough...you're getting your just dues...

Meh...something during the day probably trigger and old memory and made your subconscience try to work it out. I get those every now and then. It's just weird. Brains are funny things...

In your case strange since you don't have one..

"Brain and brain, what is brain?!?!"