Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I LOVE HALLOWEEN!

Gee, is that a shock?!

Again, this year I went all out. First was a party this past weekend. We had 15 people here; most from my Trek club and two friends from Tampa. As I said to them, "My friend's house is yours!"

We had a great time with food, costume contest, a showing of "Monster House" and lots of friendly conversation. For decoration we had come up with the idea of floating Jack O'Lanterns in the pool. It worked out so well. My son John and the neighbor's daughter did the carving and we put glow sticks in them for light. There were two of them that sunk down below the water with just the stems sticking out, but, because they had the glow sticks in them, they continues to glow under the water!I wore my "Planet of the Apes" makeup which meant another yearly shaving of the beard.

Here is a link for photos from the party.


Since I had already shaved off the beard, I decided to put that to good use since Halloween itself was a work day. Here is how I went to work today!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

As you can see, I was well within dress code and was allowed to stay in my outfit all day. The jokes flew all day of course. It is getting harder and harder to top myself each year. I'll probably need all year to come up with something.

I can just hardly wait for the damned beard to grow back in!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You shure got a purty mouth;

James

FXguy said...

Oh, my!

Dude, I'm sure we can come up with something to top this for next year. Nothing yet comes to mind, but trust me. We will top this.

Bill

Anonymous said...

why do I hear the theme from Deliverance playing in the background?

Well Mrs Doubtfire, you've done it again....I can't wait to see next year...

Anonymous said...

All I remember is that Bill was a bit happier to see you on that day! Great costume and I can't wait to see what comes out of your warped mind for next year....

Cesar
(the "other" big guy!)

Anonymous said...

OH My god, you look just like your Mother...

All I need now is a broken Candle, and with that, I do not need to sign this..hahahaahahaaa

Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

"Nice dress-the beard ruins the whole effect"
-Kyle MacLachlan, Twin Peaks