Friday, July 20, 2007

The Eaton Car Mojo continues!

Last night I had dinner at my friend Jason's. After dinner we piled into his car to take me home. We stopped for a moment to get something at a convenience store; a quick stop and back on the road. We weren't on the road more than a few hundered feet when he starts tugging at the wheel.

The car had died!

It lost all power and the dash was lit with all kinds of warning lights.

"I didn't do anything!" I said putting my hands up.

We rolled to a stop in a driveway to get out of traffic. Jason tried over and over again to start the car but there simply was no power there at all. In the summer warmth, even at 8PM, the car began to turn into a sauna and his 3 year old little girl in the back seat began getting antsy. He called his wife and eventually we switched off cars, AAA was called and the car went off to the garage.

When the mechanic called the next day even he was amazed at the cause of the problem. There is a switch on the fuel pump which feeds fuel into the fuel line. This little switch was broken and was, as the mechanic described it, ready to fall off. It very rarely happens and the entire garage staff had no explination as to what caused it to break.

Of course, the mechanic had never met ME!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jack... stay away from my motorcycle.

James

Anonymous said...

Your mojo with cars is the stuff of legend. Glad you don't ride anywhere with me.

-- Dave

Anonymous said...

omg Jack I read the blog today and one made me cry due to sadness and the other made me cry due to laughing so hard.

Anonymous said...

When you come up here to see Mr. Arbinder, you aren't allowed near my car...